Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New Beginnings ...

My life has always had a calling one that started as a whisper that I had to strain to hear but eventually  became a shout as the years drifted past. My calling as it turns out is to help, listen and generally guide those around me using the diverse experiences that have surrounded me throughout my life.

I answered this call by receiving my Masters in Social Work from the University of Maryland, Baltimore. Through many months of searching I struggled to find the right branch of social work for me. Finally one day I had an "ah-ha!" moment, I would combine my two loves, sports and mental health and my new practice was born, Mental Fitness.

In this practice I help kids who have anger issues while playing sports in school or intermurals, adults struggling to add in a new fitness routine, and serious competitive athletes struggling with their mental focus.
Throughout this blog I hope to touch on those topics and provide some well researched information to help those struggling, some direction. But as always if you are reading this blog and are in the DMV area, please contact me directly and I will provide you with as much feedback as I can.

Please enjoy and comment if you wish.

2 comments:

  1. Like the blog, Doria! I'll be curious to read your insights re sports psychology. :-) ~Sarah S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice post.
    I like your post very much.
    I am impressed.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Also visit:
    A Healthy Hobby for the Elderly

    ReplyDelete